Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tragic Love Trilogy

The DoorsJim Morrison was known to have many lovers, but only Pamela Courson could be called his love. Their stormy lives had all of the makings of a Greek Tragedy - outrageous fights, furious separations, and tearful reunions. Doors Keyboardist, Ray Manzarek, picked three songs that he felt best represented their legendary romance. He wrote, "It's... my trilogy to Jim and Pam, the Romeo and Juliet of California. I love them very much, and miss them very much. But they are together in the ether." Raise a glass of wine to rock's most passionate love story - to a poet and his muse. Cheers.



Lost Little Girl
You're lost little girl
You're lost little girl
You're lost
Tell me who are you?
Pam

I think that you know what to do
Impossible? Yes, but it's true
I think that you know what to do, yeah
I'm sure that you know what to do

You're lost little girl
You're lost little girl
You're lost
Tell me who are you?

I think that you know what to do
Impossible? Yes, but it's true
I think that you know what to do, girl
I'm sure that you know what to do

You're lost little girl
You're lost little girl
You're lost.



Unhappy Girl
Unhappy girl,
Left all alone,
Playing solitaire,
Playing warden to your soul
You are locked in a prison of your own
Jimdevice.

And you can't believe
What it does to me
To see you cryin'.

Unhappy girl,
Tear your web away.
Saw through all your bars
Melt your cell today
You are caught in a prison of your own device.

Unhappy girl,
Fly fast away,
Don't miss your chance
To swim in mystery.
You are dying in a prison of your own
device.



I Can't See Your Face In My Mind Girl
I can't see your face in my mind
I can't see your face in my mind
Carnival dogs
Consume the lines
Can't see your face in my mind

Don't you cry
Baby, please don't cryLove of a Lifetime
And don't look at me
With your eyes
I can't seem to find

the right lie

I can't seem to find
the right lie

Insanity's horse
Adorns the sky
Can't seem to find the right lie


Carnival dogs
Consume the lines
Can't see your face in my mind

Don't you cry
Baby, please don't cry
I won't need your picture
Until we say goodbye